Monday, June 29, 2009

My Views on the BET Awards





Now I don't know about anyone else, but I really expected the BET awards to be good this year. I thought it could have been way better even if they only had 3 or 4 days to get the show together. All these people in America that are unemployed right now... they could of hired some more people to do stage set ups or something! DAMN.... I just think that they didn't honor Michael Jackson the way he should have been honored.

Now... I didn't watch the Pre-awards/red carpet show from the beginning, because I actually have no interest in what Rocsi and Terrence have to say. They are the reason that I don't watch 106 & Park anymore. But anyhow, I did however see Arsenio Hall speak and his speech was very nice in remembering MJ. Now....

Jeremih- His first performance was ok.
Pleasure P- I was confused... he sounded like he was out of breath and he really wasn't singing. He kept telling the audience to sing and he wasn't!
Day 26- I'm so sick of them... NEXT.
Diddy- Must you be on the stage all the time? And did you have to have all that damn lip gloss on tho???

Now on to the actual show....

The opening with New Edition and Bobby Brown... it was terrible. The only good thing about it was the clothes that they had on reminded me of the Jackson 5. That's it!

Tyra Banks- Her hair was a mess! Her outfit was cute, but I can't get over that hair!
Jamie Foxx- He gets mad props! He represented for MJ so well... his singing and his clothing was on point! Glad someone was.

Best Athlete award went to Lebron James. Ummm... was it just me or was he being an ass hole??? I'm not in to basketball like that, but I really thought Kobe Bryant was going to win that one. Anyone else???

Ne-yo- I'm proud of him! Yall can say whatever you want about his bald head, but when it comes to singing the man does his thing. However... I thought his girlfriend could have dressed better.
Keri Hilson- She did her thing on stage, her outfit totally represented for MJ. But I think we all agree that she could have left out the last part.
Souljah Boy Tell 'em- Don't really having anything to say... but he's still a cutie!
Beyonce- Love the child to death and I love her song... but I thought we was gonna get to see Ms. Sasha!!!
Keyshia Cole- Love her music, her part of the performance was ok... but i was lovin her outfit. She's so pretty!
Monica- I'm so proud of her, I swore she was gonna be extra like she was in the video. I'm glad she piped down.
BBD- I was so excited when they sang Poison.
Guy- They did a good job.
Keith Sweat- I really think we could have done without him. He cannot sing... never could!
Tameka "Tiny" Cottle- She couldn't wait to get her ass up on that stage to get that award! She always looks a mess to me, but she actually looked better than usual tonight.
Keke Palmer- WOW!!! She ain't play no games with that song. So when can we expect her album to drop?
Jay-z- His performance was on POINT! LOVED IT!
T-Pain- Did he really have to be wearing that chain??? Like come on lets be serious. And now BET is promoting drinking Nuvo i guess???
Don Cornelius- OMG!!! The man should NOT have been up on that stage by himself. He really prolonged the show, saying a whole bunch of nothing!
O'jays- They looked really nice for their age including the newbie and their performance was on point. However, Eddie Levert kept talking bout Don taking all long and he was just as long!

The tribute to the O'jays done by Tyrese, Johnny Gill and Trey Songz was done really well. The tribute to them was better than the tribute to MJ.

Fabolous- Looked very nice as always. He always got on some exclusive shit!
Taraji P. Henson- Girl was on point! Her dress was plain but it wasn't at the same time if that makes any sense. I LOVED IT!
Drake- He should have just sat this one out, we understand that his ACL was torn... the performance was boring.
Janet Jackson- All I have to say is she was VERY brave! My prayers go out to her and her family! I almost cried, it was painful to see her like that.

Now when I thought the show couldn't get any worse... it got somewhat better when Jamie Foxx and Ne-yo did their duet dedicated to MJ.

That's all I have to say about the awards! But there are some artists that I would like to have seen that didn't perform. I think The Dream, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Kanye West and Jazmine Sullivan should have done a performance. What do you guys think??? I really think The Dream would have done a excellent tribute to MJ.



No comments:

Post a Comment